Affordable Housing Resources
Boulder County Housing Authority (BCHA) is the local housing authority in the Town of Lyons.
On their website you will find information about BCHA’s affordable homes -including past, current, and future developments, affordable rentals, housing assistance vouchers, and more
They also have created a list of home purchasing resources.
More recently, in Lyons, the Summit Housing Group, submitted a public proposal to build 40 affordable housing units in Lyons, as the Town lost significant affordable housing in the 2013 flood.
In late April 2023, Summit Housing and the Housing and Human Services Commission began taking applications for the affordable housing being built in Lyons. If you are interested please read the following information and review the application to submit.
Summit Housing - Highland Property Management Information
Summit Housing - Highland Property Management Process and FAQ
Summit Housing - Highland Property Management Application
Summit Housing - Highland Property Management Application Addendum
If you have any questions, please attend a drop in session at the Lyons Regional Library or email Lyonshousinghelp@gmail.com
It is important to note that the minimum and maximum incomes listed on the Rent and Income Schedule are correct for current applications. The AMI (area median income) will not be updated until May 15th this year.
- The application open date of Monday April 24 is valid for all possible move-in dates. Move in date preferences can be listed on the Addendum.
- The application is 37 pages long. Please fill out as thoroughly as possible.
NECESSARY ITEMS FOR APPLICATION DROP OFF (If you are unable to drop off application in person you may send someone in your stead.):
- Completed application with all signatures (37 pages)
- One page LVT- Application Addendum.
- Application fee of $28 per adult in household. This must be money order or cashier’s check made out to Highland Property Management. This is for the background check. Money orders are available at the post office and cashier’s checks are available at your bank.
- Photocopies of IDs for all adults.
- All of the above items must be submitted to get a date and time stamp that will be used to determine priority within each category.
WAYS TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS: BEST METHOD IS IN PERSON
- In person at Town Hall, 432 5th Ave, Lyons, CO
- By mail: until August 30, 2023 only—Town of Lyons, ATTN: Lyons Valley Townhomes, PO Box 49, Lyons, CO 80540
- By email to: LyonsApts@leasehighland.com
- Priority 1: Anyone who was living in the town of Lyons, CO during the flood on September 11, 2013.
- Priority 2: Anyone who was living in the 80540 zip code during the flood on September 11, 2013.
- Priority 3: Currently live/work/attend school in Lyons.
- Priority 4: Other interested parties.