Energy and resource efficiency can save small businesses thousands of dollars each year. Most business owners don’t have the knowledge, tools or time to take advantage of the savings. The Town of Lyons with support from the Sustainable Futures Commission, Economic Development Commission and Boulder County’s PACE Program are committed to helping to provide the resources you need to implement efficiency and start saving money.
Sustainability is about more than the environment. When those wild-eyed environmentalists at Goldman Sachs tell you that the companies that are the leaders in sustainable, social and good governance policies have 25% higher stock value than their less sustainable competitors, there’s a business case for behaving in ways that are more responsible to the planet and to people. Here are just a few of the additional benefits businesses gain from acting sustainability:
- “Energy efficient buildings increase employee productivity 6-16% and decrease absenteeism more than 15%“ — Department of Energy
- “96% of workers age 18 – 35 want to work for a responsible and green-minded company“—Johnson Controls.
- “Studies show daylight buildings can increase retail sales up to 40%“— PG&E
- “More than 35% of U.S. consumers say they would pay more for environmentally friendly products”—Health and Energy Company
- “The majority of consumers (62%) are more likely to visit a green business than a similar non-green business“—SVA
The Town employs a Sustainability Coordinator, who can help Lyons’ businesses understand what sustainability opportunities and resources are available to them. If you have any ideas, concerns or questions please feel free to reach out to the Town’s Sustainability Coordinator.